Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Apfelwein

For our next batch, we've done some Apfelwein. We put just under 6 gallons of White House All Natural Apple Juice into our new 6 gallon Better Bottle, along with 2 lbs of corn sugar and some Montrachet yeast from Red Star. Our estimated ABV will be 8.6%. This will ferment out quite dry. I want to carb up the whole batch, but I think I'll try to sweeten up half of it. Since any sugar I add to the mixture will just boost the ABV or carb the bottle, I'm going to use some Splenda (non fermentable sugar) to try to sweeten half the batch. If this tastes as good as the reviews indicate...we'll be making a new batch before long! The nice thing about this recipe is you can have 6 gallons of apfelwein ready for less then $35! Just about $6 a gallon

Apfelwein for May Delivery!


Prost!

Jeremy

No comments:

Post a Comment