Friday, June 5, 2009

New Local Brewery!


I was paging through the April/May edition of Southern Brew News tonight at our favorite pizza shop, when I saw a brief article that caught my eye. Every issue, they have a "What's Pouring In" section that describes brewery happenings across the SE states. In the NC section, it stated that a new brewery was under construction in Eastern NC. The name of the company is Mother Earth Brewing. They're eventually going to institue eco-friendly practices into their brewing. They have a slogan of "Peace, Love, and Beer" which is quite simillar to what Tim and I envisioned as a slogan of our eventual joint brewery dreams!


Mother Earth Brewing will be located in downtown Kinston, NC. The downtown area of Kinston has experienced some hard times, and as such, most of the downtown area seems very depressed. This brewery will be a first step of many to hopefully revitalize the historic downtown area.


It looks as though the first beer they've brewed was their Kolsch...which ironically was the first Leah and I brewed! :-)


I can't wait to see what this new brewery has to offer. They are posting updates on their progress on the Mother Earth Brewing website. I definitely wish their operation well, and can't wait to visit!



Prost!

Jeremy

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on the new brewery in your back yard... sounds like these people have been stalking your brew blog. They took our slogan and brewed your first beer. I'd expect royalties.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks bud! Now you need to come down here so we can visit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jeremy, saw your comment on Mother Earth Brewing site which led me to your interesting blog. Good luck with your brewing - you are off to a great start. I'm in the brew club in New Bern (ATF) and we have a great time with our shared interest. Maybe you can tip a few with us some time.
    Cheers,
    Phil Smith

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Phil!

    Thanks for your encouragement! I really got into homebrewing over the past year. Is ATF the group that brews out front of the Homebrew Haus in New Bern? I've stopped into the store when you guys have been brewing out front before. I may have to come check it out next time you guys are brewing.

    Jeremy

    ReplyDelete