Friday, March 26, 2010

Hop Charts


I've been saving these two nice images I found on the internet to share with you guys. The first one is a generic IBU vs Original Gravity. This is a great quick reference when looking to formulate your own recipes. Depending on how you like your beer, plan accordingly with this handy tool.





The second image is something I want framed in my brew cave! This fancy ass piece of artwork is a hop reference to end all hop references. I has nearly every single hop available right now. It also provides flavors/aromas associated with each hop, and how much of those particular flavors/aromas are contributed. This is probably thee single best hop reference chart available. (Click on the image for the full scale)

2 comments:

  1. Yo: My fellow NOAA dude, where did you find those hop charts ? The kegerator is looking very fine. Brew on!

    M

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Mark!

    I can't remember where I got these. More then likely found them off Homebrewtalk.com. I come across this stuff and save it on my computer for when I need it. I think I'm going to do a Straberry Blonde Ale next weekend. You in?

    ReplyDelete