Friday, March 26, 2010

Kegerator Build - Part Two

Well some of the hardware has begun to come in. I got my stainless steel drip tray from barproducts.com. This tray is by far the cheapest anywhere. Most of the same size drip trays from homebrew supply stores are twice if not more expensive. Also, my perlick 425SS faucets came in from Austin Home Brew Supply. From what I've been reading, if you want to buy faucets, you should always buy either Perlick or the now defunct Ventmatic. Both are forward sealing faucets. Standard chrome faucets are backward sealing, and if are not used all the time, can become quite stuck.

I've also finished the shelf for the kegs. Instead of using regular wood, I used recycled composite lumber. I chose to go with this because of the moist environment in the fridge. Composite lumber will hold up better then the regular or pressure treated lumber.



Here's a few updated pics!




Here's the top of the fridge where I've cut the insulation. Instead of trying to glue the vinyl flooring, I separated the plastic from the insulation, and stuffed the flooring into the gap.



Here's a snapshot of the stand for the kegs. I can fit 2 underneath, and 4 on top. The CO2 thank should (hopefully) fit on the raised area on the floor of the fridge behind the 2 kegs.



I used 2 inch brackets to hold the legs up for the stand. I used composite deck railings. They just needed to be cut to length.



The wife admiring my handiwork!



A closeup of the back of the fridge where the insulation was exposed. There wasn't enough plastic sticking out to be able to glue the piece in, so what I did was shaped the flooring, and filled it with Great Stuff. This gave it nice stability. You can see it oozing out the top and bottom of the flooring piece.



The drip tray is a great piece to have, however eventually it needs a good cleaning. For cleaning convenience I decided to use industrial strength velcro to secure the tray down to the brackets. In case you didn't know what velcro looked like... here's a closeup!



Here's the mounted drip tray.



All this work is making me thirsty...

No comments:

Post a Comment